Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rat Race

It was so nice to have a weekend to just lay low with no pressure to be somewhere or commitments to make. Plus, we all had stuffy noses and coughing. We seem to always pick up something after Disneyland trips. But by staying home and taking it easy, the symptoms seem to moving along quite quickly.

It is the final countdown in days now till the kids and I are finished with this school year. Yet, the schools seem to save all programs and such till the very end. I have not appreciated being told or informed by my daughter, word of mouth, or last minute notes home this year about many of the happenings. Perhaps that is why a new principal will be at the school next year. Being a working mom now, I am purely exhausted and feel like a chicken running around desperately trying to find my head. But after 8 days the mad craziness and playing taxi mom will be DONE!

My motivation is vacation!!! Every year we go camping and this year it is Grand Canyon here we come. We have decided to rent an RV and camp in comfort and style this year. We will be at the canyon for 4-5 days. We will squeeze in another time to Disneyland too! That is how I remember growing up. Traveling and making memories with the family.

It was an accomplished weekend. So happy to have clean sheets, towels, clothes, and kids. Ready for the rat race of the week to begin. Bring it!

5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I hear you on the running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I have a video of Emeline at Olympic Day. I'll send it to you soon. After staying in a cabin camping, I don't think I can stay in a tent again. Do you mind sharing the info for your RV?

sunshine said...

sure go to cruiseamerica.com They had no small ones left so we are renting the LARGE one. :) Disneyland first though the 14th and 15th.

Mary said...

Oooh been wanting to rent an RV too. I'm really getting too old for sleeping on tents and ground. hehe. =)

tiffany said...

Very cool! Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun.

maybe strawberry said...

yay for summer vacation! i'm sure the kids will have so much fun at the grand canyon camping in style in an RV.