Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back at It Again

Last week seemed so long and was oh so crazy with the hundreds of after shocks from the earthquake. Felt several at night and a 5 one at work. Didn't sleep very well due to that and a sick hubby who kept coughing. Hoping things shape up better this new week.

They have actually. I am back at the office assessment job for another week. I really admire people like my husband and anyone who sits at an office job for 8 hours. I think it is boring and tedious. But hey at least I am making money. I do enjoy the home visitations where we play with the kids and try to evaluate if they have any special learning problems or needs.

My interview at San Diego Unified went great. The lady was typing my answers into a computer so it felt a little weird and impersonal, but that is how things are done now I guess. She said the demand for math, science, and special ed teachers is high. However, there are way more applicants then there are jobs. That is why I am putting myself out to several districts.

Chula Vista is opening another temporary preschool on the 19th of this month. Preschool is not where I want to be or my cup of tea, but I decided to say yes seeing that the job opportunities are slim and grim. I did ask if they would extend the 20 days to last till the end of school June 8. They are working on it. However it pans out, I will gladly be thankful and take what I can get. God has been good to me that all my assignments have just been long term and I was at the right place at the right time. After all summer is around the corner, and teachers do get the best vacations!

Went to Coranado to walk and play over the weekend. I also baked banana bread and banana pancakes to last for the week for breakfasts. Now time to get lunches and clothes packed and ready. Back to the grind.

2 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

I'm glad your interview went well and that you had a nice weekend. we missed you guys. we're back in town, we just got in a few hours ago. see you next weekend

Mama Bear said...

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy what was left of the sunshine before the storm.

Hopefully they will be able to extend you till the end of the school year. We'll be praying for a positive outcome of your interview.