Friday, July 24, 2009

Back to Work

So got my official placement for student teaching. Starting this Monday I will be joining the working ranks again...only without pay. God is sooooo good. The school is a small one in Bonita called Daly Academy. There are only 3 classrooms. I won't have to drive on the freeway. And the hours are 7:30-2:00. I won't need to hire babysitters! Except on meeting days. The challenge will be it is a behavior correction schoool, so all the kids that get kicked out of other schools are sent here. But I think it will be good for me to learn some great strategies that I can use in my own room someday. I had fun shopping for school supplies for MYSELF today. Yay! Until then I am going to rest and enjoy my weekend!

2 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

that's wonderful Wendy!! i'm so glad that you have good hours...as for the type of school...yikes! good luck, but its probably good that you get the more challenging kids now, then all the other kids you may have in the future will be a breeze.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Yay! How long do you have to do student teaching? How is Emmeline?