Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend

Saturday--Went to see dad B. preach at El Cajon. The church was a beautiful building only I think a year old. My family used to attend their many years ago. I did bump into several old family friends from back when. You can tell a lot from first time impressions. The church claims to be big on kid ministry, but the reactions and comments I got from some of the members lead me to believe otherwise. Some ladies were shushing us the first moment we entered the sanctuary. My kids do very well and we do sit in the main sanctuary now. The ladies behind kept staring and glaring at my kids and even put their fingers to their mouths to shush them. Noah was just fidgeting, but I finally got up to leave. Then during the potluck time a formal announcement was made to "please make sure your kids are with their parents in line." We won't be visiting that often. I spent the afternoon organizing and cleaning my clothes. All the old and embarrassing stuff went into a Dorcas bag. I was so excited that I can now wear things I could only wear BEFORE my pregnant days. Now if only the hubby will do the same with his stuff. The night time we went to Fry's and Wal-Mart. Then we vegged out and watched the new National Treasure movie.

Sunday--I finally got to use my new washing machine! Then we headed to a graduation party for some eats. People were supposed to bring food. I did because that is what the invitation said to do. I felt bad for Courtney's dad because he ended up doing most of the cooking. But his food is sooooo good. Rest of the day daddy worked while the kids and I did some crafts and preparations for Father's Day. My new hobby is arts and crafts. They have so many cute things and ideas on the internet! Emeline successfully can now cut with scissors!

The weather has been so sunny and warm. It does wonders for the mind, body, soul, and ATTITUDE! And thus another week has begun. Carry on!

3 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Wish we'd get some of that warm sunshine up here!....

Mama Bear said...

That's too bad about the El Cajon Church. You would think that with the school close by, they would be a little more tolerant/patient with kids.

Sorry, we didn' get to see you at the party on Sunday

Courtney007 said...

Thanks for coming and bringing food for the party!