Friday, May 7, 2010

Kept On

I haven't loved or been thrilled about my current sub assignment and was actually getting happy it is ending in a week. But our finances took a turn south recently like way south. I have been clipping coupons and really trying to tighten up and only shop for the things we really need and not want. We really need two incomes to survive. The principal at my school was able to pull strings and get my assignment waived so I can stay and extend my stay to finish the year. So for that I am grateful. Every time my assignments seem to end God always has a way of saving me and providing me with something. It has been like this since I first signed on as a sub in Oct. Still no permanent leads for next year, but I am good and thankful for what God has provided and will continue to lean on him to see me through each step of the way. Just got to keep on being positive.
Happy Mother's Day weekend to all the mommies out there. We plan to celebrate my mom by going to the zoo and having a family evening of games at home. Then we are having brunch here on Sunday with the B. clan. Nothing makes me happier then spending time with family. Gonna enjoy my own! I got myself some slippers and lemon tort cake! Can't wait to see the bag of goodies the kids have been hiding from me all week. Being a mommy is the best!

3 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

happy Mother's Day weekend to you too Wendy! I'm glad you will have a job until the end of the school year. I know it is a very challenging job, but those kids are lucky to have you.

Enjoy your day at the zoo and with you K family today. See you tommorrow! can't wait!

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Happy Mother's Day, Wendy!

tiffany said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope the job thing works out!