Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crunch Time

Had a good weekend, got to see both sets of grandparents, shopped, and cleaned. Only 2 more weeks and my student teaching will be DONE. I have loved the kids, teacher, and aides. I will be sad to leave, but hope to continue to keep in touch and perhaps visit throughout the year. In the meantime there are so many little projects and portfolio type stuff to do in the next two weeks. I am such a procrastinator too! I hate being late on things and as long as I pass with 85% to get a satisfactory that is all I need and really care about at this point. I don't get to work on things until after 8 when the kids go to bed. That is when it is peaceful and I can think, but by 9 or even 10 I have to sleep and my mind goes blank and dead. I just can't wait to just teach and be the one in charge. All this school busyness nonsense is in my opinion a bunch of bull. Anyhow. Got to catch some zzzz's since my day begins at 5:30. Happy new week to you all!

2 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

I remember when my roomie was student teaching...it was so stressful for her, too. So were the first few years of teaching, tho...until she had all the lesson plans she needed done, etc, and hadn't switched grades for a while. Good luck! When do you have to leave the house in the mornings? I had to be at work at 7am for years, and I hated it! Now I think being at work at 8:45 is too early!

sunshine said...

I leave at 6:50 and get to work at 7:15 to prepare and school starts at 7:30 a.m. It ends at 2:30 and I stay and prepare till 3:00. I get home by 3:30 and jump right into mommy role. No resting or relaxing. It does suck, but that is how it has to be for now. That is why on weekends I am in bed by 7 and just long to lounge!