Friday, March 20, 2009

A Day of Weird

Well, Remo went to get and deliver a happy meal to Emeline for her lunch at 11.  He called me and said the whole school was blocked off.  I called the school and no one answered.  School called Remo and said all the kids were being evacuated due to a gas leak.  Remo had to hand the happy meal to someone through the bars.  In the center of the road in front of the school were fire trucks and cops.  I am guessing the construction workers must have done something. The gas line was in the street in front of the school.  All the kids were on the main grassy field in the back.  It was a blessing that Remo just happened to be there and one of the first parents to arrive.  According to Emeline "Mommy there was a real fire today. Right after morning chapel the bells started ringing and we had to get out because of the fire.  We had a fire drill."  She was sad because she didn't get to grab her backpack.  But she was fine.  Good luck to all the other parents who will be trying to get their kids when the whole entrance and street are blocked off.  The school handled things well.  Then during lunch one of Remo's inlays came off.  The doctor won't be able to fix it till Monday.  I feel sorry that he will have to have a broken tooth all weekend.  It has been a day of weird happenings. I need to crank out one more paper so I can be stress free and have a fun weekend.  Big surprise for hubby on Sunday! Can't wait.  He thinks it is a party for his mom.  Well, happy weekend and happy spring.

4 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

If it's truly an inlay, he can put temp. filling material in if it's sensitive. You can buy it at the drug store. If it's not hurting him, it's ok to leave it open for a couple days. Save the inlay, they might be able to recement it.

Mama Bear said...

I'm assuming that remo doesn't read this blog since you are talking about the party in it?

sunshine said...

Well, I am pretty sure not. He knows it is the wife chat line. I just relay any news to him. He just is on facebook mostly. I like this blog because it is more private.

Mama Bear said...

I don't think your blog is private Wendy because I never have to type in a password when I click on your blog. Just wanted to let you know. Anyone can go on your blog and see what you have written.