Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh the joys of being a mom

I am so fed up with my kids the last two days. They have been doing so well with the sticker chart reward system, but the last two days could care less. They do not listen or obey. We are supposed to go to the pumpkin patch this weekend and if we have one more bad day we will not be going. They don't seem to care. Spankings don't work. Voice change, yelling and lecturing don't work. Any other suggestions?

I am also tired of playing police mom to Emeline's problems at school. There was a boy that was getting a bit too physical with her in line. I talked to the teacher and he was since been moved. Emeline told me he was in line with her again this week. The teacher wants to do a line order and Emeline and this boy both have B. in there last name. This is the third day that Emeline has said kids (mostly in her class) have been taking her food. One girl even bit through her string cheese wrapper and all. I was the victim too of kids grabbing my lunch. But Emeline fears talking to the adults on campus or doesn't want to tell on her friends. I want to go pop some of these children real bad. Maybe I should go during lunch and spy to see what is going on. I just want my daughter to fend for herself.

In light of some more positive news, we may have a potential renter for the garage again starting next month!!! We were getting to the point of not being to pay for things literally.

So looking forward to Friday and the weekend!

I'm Frustrated Perturbed

6 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Perhaps this website will help http://www.thetotaltransformation.com. As for school, have you talked to the teacher about what happens at lunchtime? Doesn't sound like there is much supervision.

tiffany said...

Glad to hear you have some good news amongst all the trouble. Keep hope alive!!

Mama Bear said...

Yes, go do a surprise visit during lunch. In fact, just observe without letting them know you are there.

maybe strawberry said...

talk to the teacher. there needs to be more supervision.

i'm glad you may be getting a renter soon

maybe strawberry said...

i just read this post to peter and he said he had an idea on how to get the kids in line-just take away their favorite activity. for example, tell emeline ahead of time when she disobeys, she will have her computer time taken away, that will surely get her attention. and peter says he is surprised about the school issue. he sees emeline as pretty domineering and wonders why this is happening.

monkeyballsblitz said...

im sorry to hear about the kid at school! it makes me feel so bad knowing kids get picked on. =(

as for the bad behavior... im sorry. it too shall pass. my kids went through it for a week (thats when i cut off my hair)... hang in there... =)