Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Busy

That about sums up my life right now. I am in a cheerful mood and the week is off to a great start. We did get to go to church, ate a lovely lunch at soup plantation, and played at the NPL park for a bit. Then all weekend I was literally glued to the computer and strapped to my chair in my office cranking out projects for school. This morning I talked to the 2nd grade class about my heritage and relations to Ellen White. That was fun. Had a conference with Emeline's teacher. She wants her to go to first grade for reading. If there was another group of kids going that would be fine. It would just be Emeline all by herself. Emeline already doesn't want to be singled out or in anyway different. Remo and I think she should just stay with her class. Emeline is already in the higher reading group and the teacher said that she could work with her. Now, if Emeline appears to be bored and a distraction to the others, maybe later in the year we would consider bumping her up. I am very impressed with the teacher though. At least she is acknowledging and recognizing the individual needs of the kids and trying to accommodate. Today is the first day of fall. However the sun is full and bright, just how I like it. Until next week, Happy fall y'all!
Leaf Pile
YEAH THE CHARGERS WON!!!!!

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

When I was in the 1st grade, I was supposed to be in 2nd grade class reading group. And like Emeline, I was to go there by myself. Well, I purposely pretended not to know how to read certain "big" words so I would be put back to my own 1st grade class. I was so self conscious and scared to be with the older kids. Because back then, you don't mingle with anyone that's not in your class.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Yeah, I agree with not sending her to 1st grade. It would be scary, and it's not like reading is going to be an issue for her....she'll improve on her own, and this will allow to concentrate on other areas....