Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pre Op, Preparing, and Parties

John Griffiths, right, one of the handlers of weather predicting groundhog Punxsutawney Phil, holds Phil as his other handler, Ben Hughes, pets him on the head Ground Hog's Day in Punxsutawney, Pa. on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008. The Groundhog Club said Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic)
Groundhog predicts 6 more weeks of winter! Ugh! But come on seriously, what does a rodent know??? This tradition is done in Pennsylvania.

This has been a busy week of preparations as this mommy will be out of commission starting on Monday Feb. 4. I will be finally having the long awaited surgery to correct some important female mommy organs due to baby damages. I am not nervous or apprehensive yet. I am actually excited to feel good and do the things I like to do with confidence and ease. The surgery will be done at the Scripps Hospital in Encinitas at 7:30 a.m. on Monday. Prayers please. I have heard nothing but good things about Scripps. After having several pre op appointments this week, I do believe their commercials. They really are kind and caring, and I have complete trust and confidence in my doctor and his assistances.

I plan to live up my weekend to the fullest. Tonight is the Cox party. I plan to paint my nails, go get my hair done, and I even borrowed some jewels from A. April. Thanks. Yes, I plan to drink a little, dance some, and eat lots of food! The hubby and I are just going to consider this our Valentine night! Then tomorrow I will go to the Vanjay superbowl party! Not for the game but for more food and hang out fun!

Got a busy day so I must get going! Enjoy your weekend too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun at the Cox party.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Good luck with the surgery, Wendy!

Shadow eX said...

Good luck. Our prayers are with you!

maybe strawberry said...

hi wendy, we had fun with you guys over the weekend. now that your surgery is over with, i hope you aren't in pain and recover soon. hope to see you blogging soon again.