Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Baker and Growing Up

I have been back in the baking mood this week. I loved my food so much on our Sat. night outing I tried to recreate it myself. Bought 2 small sirloin steaks, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, and asparagus. With some fresh mushrooms I tried to even make the wild mushroom dipping sauce. Restaurant one was way better. Halfway through the dinner I asked the hubby what he thought. He says, "Your meal is great I just don't care for steak." More for me! :-) Yesterday I attempted to make my first pie. Thanks to Grace for her easy and simple pumpkin recipe. The pie was gone in a day and a half. Noah and mommy ate it the most. I love dad B's cinnamon bread and well, I managed to just make cinnamon rolls. But they were pretty looking and oh so yummy. I found a recipe for garbanzo hamburgers I plan to try. The warm sunshine we have been having this week has made it a great week so far. Hey it's half over already. Yea.

Oh yes, Noah talked to me on the phone for the first time today while I was doing errands around town. I loved just hearing his voice. He has taken up a serious knack for coloring too. He requests me to print projects for him off the computer. His skills are neat and organized too not just nonsense doodle. He knows all the colors, can count to 13, and has been saying his memory verse during Adventurer meetings. My shy little guy is growing up.

3 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

yay for baking and cooking! good for you! and i'm excited to be with emeline and noah on friday

tiffany said...

Mmm, sounds yummy!

Hapahiro said...

I LOVE when people I know get in the mood for baking ... it puts me in the mood for EATING!