Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Healing and Carrying On

Thank goodness that this cold I have is a quickie and is almost gone already. I have been sleeping by myself and downing vitamin c and dayquill. At least today I feel back to myself. Noah and Emeline just have a tiny runny nose. My poor hubby. It really makes me sad that he was trying to do a good deed for the family with the snip snip, yet fell into one of those small percentages that got some kind of infection. He took off work yesterday hoping to get an appointment with the doctor. He called them at 9:30 a.m. The doctor's secretary called finally at 4:30 p.m. Then she hung up to relay the symptoms to the doctor. She called again and called in an antibiotic and vikadin. My hubby is NOT in any pain, so he refused the pain meds. Tylenol works just fine. As much as he hates to take the antibiotic he is giving it a try. If the swelling and discomfort continue into the weekend he will persist to get in to actually see someone. The only comfortable position for him is to lay down, sitting and standing are just uncomfortable. He holds his privates as he walks around. So sad. He spent yesterday and today in bed resting. I am thankful we have insurance, but can you see how ridiculus they are????? Any suggestions as to who we should switch to?? I was grateful to get a 2 hour mommy break for myself. Had a follow up appointment for my eye, then cruised around Wal-Mart for a bit. Came home and did some gardening, watering, and back to my normal motherly and wifely duties. Hey, at least it is Wednesday already. Yea!

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I thought you were going to switch a long time ago? I just assumed you were going to switch before the surgeries. I remember you having problems a while back. Anyways, I'm going to highly recommend my insurance: Pacific Care. We go to Sharp Reese Stealy. With all of Nicholas problems with eczema and allergies, we have had no problems scheduling appts with them, even day of. And none of this "diagnosing over the phone." Whenever we have a problem, the dr always wants to see us in person, no questions asked.

As soon as he takes the antibiotic, tell him not to discontinue it. He should really take it in it's entirety.

monkeyballsblitz said...

yes if hes on antibiotics, make sure he is taking them ALL and complete the Rx. very important. as for insurance... i only know about navy ins and i like it because i can go to anyone anywhere and only pay a smal deductable. sorry, no suggestions...

tiffany said...

I've been with Kaiser my whole life (no problems) but we will be switching to Pacificare as well in October.