Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sad Saturday

Came home and found freckles at the garage door. His left leg was very swollen and big. We decided best to take him in to the hospital for an eval. I was never expecting such news. He broke his upper leg in 2 places. He needed surgery and it was expensive. The doctor and we suspect he was hit by a car. He also was constipated and the doctor thinks he could have had other injuries too. I am so so sad, we decided to put Freckles to sleep. I was caught off guard and unprepared to deal with that. I really feel like we did do what was best for the kitty. I am too sad to write anymore.

P.s. Let me add that we made the decision to put him to sleep because he had multiple breaks and we felt his quality of life would not be the same even after the surgery NOT because of the money. It just wasn't fair to the kitty.

6 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

oh so sad. thanks for letting us know. hope you and the kids are ok

tiffany said...

I'm so sorry!! That's a hard decision to have to make.

Anonymous said...

Sorry! He was such a sweet cat, Every time I'd go over, he'd surprise me by jumping out of the bushes!!! All he wanted, was a rub on his back. I'm gonna miss him.

Mama Bear said...

I'm sorry about your kitty! Even though we always kicked him out of your house because of hubby's allergies, I know how hard it is to lose a family member.

Shadow eX said...

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. You had to make the tough decision which was the right one.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

So sorry, guys about the kitty...so sad. Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest to make!