Monday, June 4, 2007

Doctor Visit Again

Guess who had to go to the doctor today? ME!!!!! I started having some red eye after the shower. I just thought it was from lack of sleep from preparing the night before. Went to bed early and got plenty of beauty sleep. Awoke to a crusty teary left eye. It was puffy and swollen and I could barely open it. It was also bright pink and glossy. Went to the doctor who declared it "pink eye." Most likely I got a virus from Emeline where it attacked my eye. So, I am once again housebound for another week. I have to use antibiotic drops and stay away from others for 5 days. SUCKS!!!!! Kind of hard to isolate myself from the fam. Just got done washing and sterilizing all towels and bedding from last weeks episode. Here we go again. It is so dang hard to be the mom and be the one sick. The fam has a hard time dealing and functioning without me. Oh well, guess I will be watching lots of T.V. and Internet! My eye is starting to throb so I will call it quits and go and attempt to rest. At least I survived half a day of my 5 day confinement. :P

5 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

oh wendy so sorry about that!!! i had pink eye once and it was so hard because i had to wash my hands constantly and disinfect everything so that it wouldn't spread to others. do you wear glasses? if you do, wear them, that way you won't accidently touch or rub your eye or anywhere near it.

tiffany said...

Eeek. Sorry Wendy. You're having som bad luck with sickness. Sorry!!

Mama Bear said...

I'm sorry Wendy!! That's terrible!! Hopefully it stops with you. And no one else in your family gets the infection.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

So sorry Wendy about your eye...look at it as a good vacation...after 48 hours of antibiotics, you should be feeling a lot better, and then you can enjoy the time off! :)

sunshine said...

Thanks guys. I am wearing my glasses and am washing my hands like a mad person. Just washed all the sheets and towels. I even sleep by myself. SUCKS!