Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thankful

When I woke up this morning and read on the internet more about the awful tragedy and the shooter background I got chills. His family lives in Centreville. That is where a very good mommy friend of mine moved in Dec. I got in touch with her. She and her family are all safe and good. The shooters family lived 2 min. from my friend! Their town is full of police and helicopter activity, and of course the media. The elementary school where my friends kids attend is full of extra security and are trying to keep the kids safe from the activity and media. My friend knows several families from the school whose families were affected by this tragedy. I pray for everyone, and am thankful for my friends safe keeping. I am also thankful for my own kiddies. I have been hugging them more and clinging to their every move. Just did lots of preparing for Viva Las Vegas. What a lot of WORK getting a family of 4 ready for a trip. Can't wait though! The pets and kids are staring me down for some food. Chow!

1 comment:

tiffany said...

Wow, that's crazy that your friend lives so close to the shooter! Yet another reason to live for today.