Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tribute to Nanay

Today was the beautiful and sad tribute to my hubby's nanay. There were well over 150 in attendance. There was lots of music--singing and even mandolins. The 4 grand kids read the life script and there was a lovely slide show going on during this. What made me teary eyed was the last picture taken a few days before nanay passed. It was of Emeline, Jada, and Noah standing with their toys by her bedside. In their active play they would always stop in and visit nanay through their playful jaunts in the house. The graveside was short and bittersweet. Mom and dad B. are loved and respected by so many. I have never seen such a large group at a graveside service. We had a yummy buffet lunch at VIP. It was fun seeing so many familiar friends and relatives. The best part was seeing all the little generation cousins happily playing and getting to know one another. I look forward to seeing and spending more time with the kids through this week.

2 comments:

maybe strawberry said...

playing at the park/fishing tomorrow!!! please come

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Take lots of pictures, please! I can't wait for Vegas so I can be there, too!